AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Little Red B
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 11/17/2018 13:32 (#7111036)
Subject: Little Red B

The earlier story of saving the little Farmall B from the weeds, reminded me of my projects. I have the B to be restored someday, I hope, and the B that did get restored that I don't have time to play with. They must have come with a wide range of rear tire sizes. From the pictures it looks like both of mine have larger back tires.

First tractor I ever got to ride or drive. I love how you can spin them around on a dime. The restored one was picked up in Texas in rough shape. I'll never forget the owner bringing it out to the trailer. John went with him back to a shed where it was sitting. Owner had a little Datsun pickup, hooked a chain on the B and left John to steer it. Gravel was flying off the little Datsun tires till he got it rolling. Every so often John would step on the brakes, that's one thing that didn't need repair, and the little truck would just lug right down. I was told on the ride home that if the damn tractor came off the trailer we were not going back to get it or another!

(IMG_2348[1] (full).JPG)

(IMG_2349[1] (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2348[1] (full).JPG (160KB - 104 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2349[1] (full).JPG (154KB - 101 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)