AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Davis Vantage Pro 2 working again.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 10/25/2018 16:32 (#7064789)
Subject: Davis Vantage Pro 2 working again.

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Our Davis Vantage Pro 2 weather station has worked faithfully for the past 10 years on top of a 20 ft grain tank in the yard. About 2 weeks ago the wind speed indicated very low, and a walk out to the grain tank had the unit making an evil growl indicating failed ball bearings in the anemometer.
I got on the internet and found an anemometer cartridge for $16, easy cheap fix. The part arrived and when trying to install, I found that the older units needed to replace the entire wind speed and direction unit, no way to just change the module. Back on EBAY and found the entire new style 2 piece assembly for $130, more than I wanted to spend, but considering that a complete station cost over $600, I went for it. Brother also said that the module cover with solar panel was very weathered and cracked, so back on EBAY and found a solar panel and cover for $30.

Got it all repaired and working good today on this warm nearly windless indian summer day. Now my goal is to live another 10 years so I can use up that spare new anemometer cartridge that appears to need to be replaced about every 10 years.

I do like that the unit is wireless and reads out both on a console in the house, and also connects to my computer which has recorded very detailed weather info from the last 10 years.

Life goes on LOL, wind is North at 6 mph ;-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)