AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Open heifers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

daddycal
Posted 8/31/2018 09:52 (#6961416 - in reply to #6960890)
Subject: RE: You need to prove that.............

Montana
Heifers had vaccinations as calves, no implants and they were vaccinated with Merck Preg Guard shot, about 60 days prior to putting in the bulls. They were wintered on hay and rangeland and free choice mineral.

I believe that there are a number of factors that caused some of the heifers to abort from their early breed and then they were able to rebreed and are pregnant in the third cycle.

I have culled hard for early breeding and I have kept late bred heifers and I have learned that unfortunate situations of stress from predators and some plants that cause abortion, can really mess up our best laid plans.

Russ, I have not heard about any activity on the China controlled packing plant. My understanding is that someone from China pledged 100 million and if Montana and the surrounding area come up with 200 million, they may build a packing plant. I do not believe there would be enough, legal labor, and I believe some of the people at the top of the plan, would take a lot of extra pay and benefits for themselves.

When Randy johnson and the Montana grain growers tried to start United Spring wheat, to make and sell our wheat as frozen dough to compete with Pillsbury. It ended up with randy getting them to buy facilities in eastern USA and planning to use imported spring wheat and a lot of real good people from this area lost a lot of money, randy filled his pockets on the way out and came back with political appointment to crash a lot of us with his leadership of the FSA.

Smithfield was a very good cooperative but China bought that and as I read it, China controls 60 percent or more of the worlds hogs.

the point is that the commodity traders, packers and many people in government and agencies, pretty well control what we can get for our cattle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)