AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pasture water..am I being unreasonable ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 8/31/2018 10:40 (#6961486 - in reply to #6961390)
Subject: RE: Pasture water..am I being unreasonable ?

southern MN
Things are done differently in different regions, so it is hard to say how to do it.

It appears you and the renter are not on the same page.

As the land owner it’s probsbly time to find a renter you can communicate better with and get on the same page.

Maybe neither you nor the current renter are wrong, but just not on the same page, and not communicating the same.

Some areas they charge on a per head per day charge. The rent comes out about the same, but it slows down overgrazing a bit. If the pasture runs out the renter doesn’t want to keep paying you that daily rent and is inclined to move them off for a while. That might not be common where you are and seem strange.

In my corn/ bean area some renters put in tile and pro rate the rent with the land owner over several years, so I understand your deal with the well somewhat. On the other hand, a well here costs $12,000 if you get by lucky, can be a lot more. I’d be hard pressed to see $15 an acre rents getting a new well paid off. Ever. You must have a different well deal lower cost there to make this a workable offer. Good if you do, the math doesn’t work right ‘here.’

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)