AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wire winder ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ks8780
Posted 8/23/2018 08:35 (#6945280)
Subject: Wire winder ?

Jewell County KS
The post below reminds me that I would like to build/buy a better wire winder for electric wire. Usually working with 14 gauge wire and would like half mile spools. My current design is less than user friendly and not all that safe. It is an old square disc gang axle with a ujoint and pto coupler on one end and the other is held with a vertical pipe with another short piece of pipe welded 90 degrees that the axle rides in. A man holds vertical pipe and can guide the wire on the spool by leaning the pipe. Spools are made of 2 disc blades and a pipe. It has worked for 50 years but it has a lot of potential problems/dangers. 2 man job also. Spools are unrolled with balebed which I like.

So with all that said what do like for a wire roller ? I could run it with balebed hyd, tractor hyd or pto. I think I would like hyd. the best.Something that has replaceable spools or that you could remove wire from spools. I would still like to unroll with the balebed if possible.

I've looked at a few over the years but have not found what I like I guess. I don't want the old Jetco style but the Protatch looks like it might work.

What do you like ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)