AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shower in Shower out design
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

hillskinefarms
Posted 8/23/2018 06:48 (#6945052 - in reply to #6944878)
Subject: RE: Shower in Shower out design

Northern New York
I don't have a blueprint (should have, it would help explain), but here goes.

I am doing what you are talking about in our new farrowing barn. We have several family members going in at once and wanted to make sure there was privacy.

When a person (or persons) first enter my barn you step into a 5'x10' room with a bench in the middle, which basically divides the room into two 5'x5' areas. Upon entering, you take off any coats, etc. and sit on the bench, taking off your shoes. When shoes are removed you swing legs over bench to the other side without touching floor on first side. This is supposed to be a benefit for bio-security as there is less chance of carrying something in on your socks.

After swinging feet over, you are now in a 5'x5' area where 2 or 3 people can wait if need be.

From there you go through a lockable door into a shower room with a place to undress, shower, and then put on clean coveralls.

You then exit through another lockable door into a hallway that leads into the office area or into the barn.

By having a separate shower room with locking doors privacy is assured.

Instead of a walk through shower stall that many barns use we have a separate room with a fiberglass tub and shower unit which has been nice.

Hope my explanation is clear.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)