AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere MoCo,not laying out an even swath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

FJS
Posted 8/22/2018 22:03 (#6944739)
Subject: John Deere MoCo,not laying out an even swath

Tomball,Texas
Been running a couple JD 635’s with urethane crimpers for a few years,I cut a lot of Tifton 85 Bermuda grass and sorghum sudan.Ive never been happy with how it laid the swath out,there are 4 discs going one way and three going the other,all turning toward the center and in most conditions it would basically put it in a windrow,wouldn’t dry good and I’d have to tedder it.I just found out you can change the direction of the disc by unbolting it and rotating it so it is driven from a different gear in the cutter bar.I left the outside two turning toward the center and changed the direction of the second one on both sides, made a huge difference,I cut some milo and crabgrass today and it laid it out perfect.
I know the flail conditioner does a good job of laying in out even but the until I switched the direction of those two disks these machines with the rollers did a poor job.
I may be the only person that didn’t know you could change the direction of the disks but I figured I’d pass this info on.
I’ve read about JDs urethane rollers breaking and I wonder if it is because all the material is being fed through the center of the rollers instead evenly spread out.

The first picture is a place I baled a few days ago and it turned the grass yellow where it was so thick,the other is the stuff I cut today.

Edited by FJS 8/22/2018 22:11

(IMG_9455 (full).PNG)

(IMG_9438 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_9455 (full).PNG (194KB - 76 downloads)
Attachments IMG_9438 (full).JPG (278KB - 97 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)