AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So if were feeding cattle in a custom feedyard and you kill...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 8/23/2018 06:45 (#6945045 - in reply to #6944490)
Subject: RE: So if were feeding cattle in a custom feedyard and you kill...

This just plain sucks! It's times like this a guy's integrity will come out if he has any. They need to make it right, but I'm betting there's nothing in contract stating those terms as what happens in a situation like this. I've learned from the school of hard knocks deals like this one. It cost me, I never went back. I've got one young man that backgrounds replacement heifers for me. It's all on a handshake, and I pay up front, that's my terms. I've been there over 20 years with his dad and now him. I've been fortunate enough to only lose one head with them over the years, and it was one that got out of pens and was hit on a busy road at dark.

So how would a guy write that in a contract to protect owner of cattle in situations like this? Anybody have any ideas, or contracts wording a guy could see? This is one reason I won't retain ownership of feeders. I've lessened the risk on my replacement heifers as we don't weigh out, we don't push them and no ration on the place is hot, and its day money. It works for both of us.

Even in the end if you had to push this to court ntexcotton, you would eat up everything on that pen probably in fees, expert witnesses just to prove a point. Would be lucky to come out a wash in my mind depending on numbers you are talking on whole pen? Times like this is when you are either the bug or the windshield.

I do know I'm calling a buddy that was going to retain ownership of his cattle this year in another state, which I've already warned him about. I'm going to ask him this question and would like to hear his response to this problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)