AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Homebuilt post puller, wire winder + auger
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dieselfume1
Posted 8/12/2018 13:24 (#6925742 - in reply to #6925670)
Subject: Red Brand quality?

SE MT
Direct Injected - 8/12/2018 12:50

dieselfume1 - 8/12/2018 12:24

Wiredog - 8/12/2018 12:04

New. HT got a deservedly bad name when it was new on the scene, and the quality of the wire and manufacturing process also make a huge difference. I'd be glad to send you part of a roll, if you have a short stretch that needs doing and you'd give some public feedback.

Hmm, I'll consider it-

Was doing some looking on your site, looks like your rolls are about $30 more than I can buy Red Brand here. Is that shipped? 2nd question would be, I know how good Red Brand is, and we want our fences to last as long as possible. How do we compare HT wire against conditions that happen over 75 years of hot cold, rain snow cycles that really test wire? Not saying it's not better, but how do we know? I'm not a fence contractor, just a rancher with alot of his own fence to rebuild!

If you put yourself in my shoes, I'm concerned to build a large amount of fence with wire I've never used before. Nothing against your wire, but you see where I'm coming from.
IMO red brand quality is terrible anymore, here at our place we have started using 14 gauge Ht barbed wire.

BTW nice work on the attachment and nice videos two thumbs up.

What don't you like about Red Brand?

I do know that they were bought out by another wire company (can't think of their name) that makes lower end wire-

As for OK brand wire, No thanks. Brittle, wraps hard, and seen much of it rust in under 10 years. IT's my 2nd choice.

Thanks for the kind words on the Videos!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)