AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

South Polls...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ben
Posted 8/2/2018 07:29 (#6906810 - in reply to #6906676)
Subject: RE: South Polls...

North Mo.
well I can answer this. My herd is south poll or results of south poll all bulls for8 years has been nothing but south poll I raise my own mostly. Not perfect by any means but have been the most problem free for us, except maybe pinkeye wasn't much of that for several years now back to normal. Really good grazers gentle cows and fast baby calves not big and dumb. You can go out and look at the cows the blacks with hair will have flies the south polls mostly are fly free. Son grass finishes and I have had some in the all natural feedlot. last 20 went in at less 600 # gained 2.69 per day with no implants or anything but were vac. on upon arrival. 64 cent cost of gain per # including yardage no pulls carcass rib 12.74 yield grade 2.5 and qual. choice this is avg for group harvest at 1032# I think. Similar results last year but only had carcass data on 8 that year if I remember right 64 % dressing on them this last group was right at 62%. If had the grass feel they would do better if left till 700 pounds then put on feed. I guess if one was to send to a feed lot you could background with soy hulls or something to help with the gain. These were steers no one wanted to take to grass finishing and not very uniform.this is mostly giant rag weed

Edited by Ben 8/2/2018 07:34

(IMG_20180801_161316939_HDR (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20180801_161316939_HDR (full).jpg (97KB - 17 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)