AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef quality assurance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

tjdub
Posted 7/30/2018 21:47 (#6902553 - in reply to #6902503)
Subject: RE: Beef quality assurance

5 Head - 7/30/2018 21:32

If is a Tyson thing. Sales gimmick you get to participate in. Yea. Not mandatory by any government agency.

I don't think it's strictly a Tyson thing. Here's the notice from my local salesbarn's website:

NOTICE >>> We have been notified by two of our largest buyers that effective January 1, 2019 for one and January 1, 2020 for the other, that they will only purchase cattle from suppliers who have been certified in a BQA (Beef Quality Assurance) or FARM program. This requirement is to be implemented in all markets (including non-Equity markets) and all private treaty transactions.

The result of this requirement on our members is such that they must be certified in order to have buyers representing these two packers bid on their cattle. We will be required to announce seller certification to receive bids from these two entities.

BQA certification can be achieved by logging in on the BQA website at http://www.bqa.org and signing up for one of the free courses which best fit your particular operation. These courses are based on industry accepted practices that a vast majority of producers currently employ.

Upon gaining certification, please provide your name and the name of any entity you sell under, as well as your address, phone number, certification number and expiration date to us at Equity, so we can make the proper announcement at the time of sale.

I logged in that site and took their online course and got a confirmation number. Didn't take too long, but if you don't have a fast internet connection, I don't know how you would do it except to go to the library to use their computers. A lot of it was watching videos.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)