AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Enogen corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Corn/Stock
Posted 7/30/2018 06:46 (#6900887 - in reply to #6900842)
Subject: RE: Enogen corn

Have been feeding enogen eearlage and rolled corn all year. Performance has been good, but the thing that jumps out at me was dressing % on our calf Feds. Sent 8 loads to premium beef in may. 64.4%, plant avg was 63.3 for the day. They are stating the efficiencies on feed and higher carcass weights.

I wanted to make sure the results were actual and syngenta did to. They put a trial guideline together, my nutritionist put a ration together so both sets are eating the same energy and Iowa state has been out taking bunk and fecal samples. Two identical pens of 140 angus based steers in each pen. These were steers I purchased off a ranch in Wyoming in February and backgrounder til may. Mixed them all together and loaded four loads of 70. Weighed them on the truck and 1st and 3rd load went in pen 2 and 2nd and 4th load went in pen 3. Pen 2 is getting non enogen earlage and non enogen rolled corn along with ground hay balancer and modified distillers. Pen 3 is getting enogen earlage and enogen rolled corn along with ground hay balancer and modified distillers.

Steers are set to harvest early September so will have results to share then.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)