AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Minnesota and northern Iowa farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J P
Posted 7/10/2018 11:10 (#6860823 - in reply to #6860790)
Subject: RE: Minnesota and northern Iowa farmers

Since1889 - 7/10/2018 10:56

Its probably low things look tough and in a BIG area this is going to be a market factor at some point the hard hit areas are the big producing areas for the last 3-4 years. The top two rows of counties in Iowa and bottom two rows of counties in Minnesota are the ones that make the state averages really high when things are good and neither of them are good this year allot of late planting mudded in in the first place and really really wet with lots of drown outs now.

With all due respect, that just isn't true. The top two tiers is essentially everything north of highway 20 - and that's a big area. Yes, west of I35, the top tiers or so gets a little tough, even a little east of I35 it got beat a little. But by far and away, the northern tiers of Iowa, east of I35 have the potential to be huge. And the rains didn't get the southern part of that area either. Some got mudded in, some got too much water, but I definitely would not say they aren't good. I bet alot of those areas are record if the weather pattern continues to track as suggested.

Take Care
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)