AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Putting everything in perspective - kids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Riverbottom30
Posted 5/27/2018 23:39 (#6782096 - in reply to #6781955)
Subject: RE: Putting everything in perspective - kids

Central IL
Yep I know what you mean. I was in the middle of a fencerow clearing job when my wife called and said our 2 week old son was breathing a little hard and she thought she should take him to the Dr. Before I knew it she called and said they were sending them to the emergency room and I better head up there. Ended up spending 6 weeks in the ICU. He basically had 3 different common cold viruses and his little lungs just couldn't fight it off. They put him on a ventilator and shortly after moved him on to an oscillator. He spent 300 hours on that thing. We spent every day and night in that room for 6 weeks. Over 4 weeks of that time it could have went either way. We had a lot of dirt work and tiling jobs to get done, but none of that was on my mind. And you know what, it pretty much all got done by planting season. Definitely changed my outlook on life. Sometimes as farmers we over dramatize what we do and have to get done right now. There were 2 or 3 occasions when that oscillator would get out of whack in the middle of the night and shut down and my son would be laying there lifeless. Those doctors and respiratory therapists would fly in there and get to work and bring him back. Those people know what it's like to work under stress and needing to "get things done right now." I'm not saying what we do isn't important but these kind of deals put things into perspective. Longest 6 weeks of my life but my son is now 18 months old and tough as nails. I'm glad yours is doing good. Enjoy laying there tonight and watching him sleep. All that work will still be there tomorrow.

(20180421_121457 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20180421_121457 (full).jpg (125KB - 34 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)