AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just think of the dates this guy will have with his notorioty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 5/23/2018 08:02 (#6774667 - in reply to #6774451)
Subject: RE: Just think of the dates this guy will have with his notorioty

SWOH
I can't blame the parents entirely for this deal, I know kids that are about worthless that have great parents that tried really hard to bring them up right, but my guess would be this was 30 years of setting up expectations, not following through on correction, letting that guy walk all over them, and then realized they were in trouble. Just judging by the notes. I don't think it has anything to with whatever generation label you want to put on the guy. I know 50 year old deadbeats that never moved out of their parent's home or did any work at all. There are deadbeats in every generation.

As for the braless girl with the thin shirt, my guess would be her mother probably encouraged it. And that isn't a millennial thing or Gen X or whatever my generation is called, there were parents like that when I was in school in the 90's that encouraged their daughters on that kind of behavior. Those parents were from the 70's generation.

I agree the "millennials" have a different mindset and it seems most have a different idea of "work" than previous generations and I don't understand it at all. But I was told my generation was worthless and spoiled too by previous generations. And I'm sure the millennials will bash the next generation. It seems all counter productive to me. I'll call a lazy kid a lazy kid but I won't bash somebody for the year they were born in. I know plenty of "millennials" that have their heads on straight. That'd be like calling all you guys in your 60's a bunch of burnt out hippies.

I will agree though that there is a bunch of kids now that won't know what to do if they can't have instant gratification. Entertainment, information, or whatever they're looking for is a second and a click away and it discourages brain activity and thought. Technology and instant gratification are the new drug. And I'm guilty of it too with my kids, parents are supplying the drug and should take some responsibility for it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)