AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cataract Surgery - Flomax warning
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 5/15/2018 12:49 (#6761677)
Subject: Cataract Surgery - Flomax warning

Coldwater, Michigan
On the 10th of May I had my cataract removed from my left eye. Supposed to have other one done 24th. Interesting surgery! Took longer to prepare me for the operation than the 10 minutes it took the surgeon. I was awake during the surgery and surgeon talked to me, or the nurses all the way thru. Didn't want me to move. Good idea!

Recovering well. Next morning the first thing I noticed was that what I was seeing from Left eye was a lot brighter than what I was seeing from the Right eye. I am seeing much better thru the left eye than I was previously. Still it bit blurry close up but getting better each day.

Caution!!!!! After the surgery Dr asked if I had ever taken Flomax or the generic version. I told him I had taken both over the years, but not within the past 5+ years. He said doesn't matter the damage is done and it is permanent. He said that the Flomax affects the eye muscles. That everytime he touched the eye the eye would spasm because of the muscle damage.

He said he has had patients that were only on Flomax a few days, and years later that muscle is still damaged. Not a problem unless someone is operating on your eyes.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)