AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

question for those that have someone else pay bills/do office work for the farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kst1
Posted 4/27/2018 11:14 (#6733091 - in reply to #6732981)
Subject: RE: question for those that have someone else pay bills/do office work for the farm

I do my own bookwork, but have a tendency to procrastinate (not on paying bills but on journal entries, etc) and my Dad does a lot of picking stuff up here and there for me. Anytime I book something, I either get a contract or make a note of the cost agreed on and file that. When I pick it up, I always get a receiver and file that separate. Then when the bill comes, I mate the three and staple them together. If I'm missing one or the numbers don't match I address it.

On the grain side I do the same thing. I keep a spreadsheet with all of my sales, whether cash or forward contracted. I keep a copy of delivery tickets and then get a settlement sheet. Each piece has a separate file. I mate the 3 and check them together. It works here. I'm kinda scatterbrained so having documents for all of this helps a ton. Usually the bottom of each tray is the oldest chronologically and it doesn't take long to match stuff up if you have it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)