AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

took some cookies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

coup
Posted 4/28/2018 05:58 (#6734006 - in reply to #6732699)
Subject: RE: Delusional Thinking

USA
Illinois Steve - 4/27/2018 05:34

I think Mikado was speaking with tongue in cheek. I actually believe that the majority of folks have gotten their COP well in line the last couple of years. If they haven't they are having a sale or will be having one soon. There is no doubt that a lot of producers let their COP get out of hand during the run up in commodity prices. I think most are getting it under control or already have. You've been preaching this for several years and I can't disagree with you. It's just your attitude that everybody but you has a bloated COP that puts folks off. You stuck your nose in this thread to jump on me about the difference between net and gross. In this instance we have to assume that his COP is the same in both examples be it bloated or under control. With that in mind the only thing that is going to help his net is an increase in gross. If he raises 200 bushel corn and gets $3.40 for it he isn't better off the next year raising 180 bushel corn and getting $3.50 for it. That was my point and it had nothing to do with COP. I understand that COP is your thing and while it is important it isn't pertinent to every thread on this board.

Still a lot of folks that have not got costs under control that are bleeding like a stuck pig. Have seen the numbers from several this winter- spring. Try $88 acre for chemicals and application for conventional till two pass Xtend bean program. $100 acre Liberty soybean two pass chemical- fungicide program plus application costs. All programs are Coop programs that are being pushed and sold .

Still see a lot folks that are doing the same as always with COP in hopes higher grain prices will fix their problems. Instead of doing what it takes to lower COP by using productive time management to lower Bloated COP and help fix their profitability problems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)