AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bluetooth wireless headphones (possibly noise cancelling)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/26/2018 07:28 (#6731206 - in reply to #6730195)
Subject: RE: Bluetooth wireless headphones (possibly noise cancelling)

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
MiradaAcres - 4/25/2018 04:38

I have a Blue Parrot B450-XT that I use for making phone calls. It works great and cancels noise for mic quite well. I was mowing with open station 4020 and disc mower last year and the guy I was talking to could not hear the tractor or mower, I did have to use an ear plug on my left ear so I could hear him. I bought mine since it is needed when pulling the trailer, DOT is not happy with a person holding the phone and driving a CMV; I use it all the time now for calls while driving (car, pickup, semi, etc) and while doing chores (both hands available for using shovel, carrying feed, mixing milk replacer, etc).
https://www.amazon.com/VXi-BlueParrott-B450-XT-Canceling-Bluetooth/d...

I bought mine for BH Photo when they were on sale for $88 (usually happens a couple times per year).
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1294493-REG/vxi_204010_b450_x...

They also make and S450-XT that has 2 ear pieces, but might not be legal for use while operating a motor vehicle (you have to be able to hear your surroundings). I have though about getting this one for when I am using the tractor to help keep the noise level down without using an earplug on the opposite ear and being able to listen to music and take calls.
https://www.amazon.com/VXi-BlueParrott-Cancelling-MobileSpec-Replace...

Edit to add:
Too answer a call once synced to you phone you either press the MFB or say "Answer". You can also hit the MFB and say "Call Mirinda" and it will call the number under Mirinda's contact in the phone. I already bought a backup so when this one dies I don't have to go a day without it (another will be ordered when this one dies).

I decided to get a Blue Parrot last fall. I went to the local truck stop and asked about them. I was waited on by the department manager. Since I asked about the S450 model, she asked if I was a truck driver (meaning Over the Road type). I said no. She said that the S model with two ear pieces would not be legal. I said my use would be on a lawn mower or farm vehicle. She said if I waited until the next week they would be on sale. Since I didn't really need it right away and the truck stop was close, I had them put one away for me. I came back the next week and asked for it. The lady happened to over hear my request. She said that she was wrong when she told me the S model would be on sale. It was the B model. She felt bad and sold me the S model for the sale price of the B model so I saved quite a bit.

I have not used it much yet. I tried it in the combine but found that I don't use the phone much for talking and it wasn't really worth the effort. I am hopeful that it will work well for mowing lawn. Interestingly the spec's on the B model as far as noise cancelling are better than on the S model.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)