AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fire Update.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

H3f
Posted 4/19/2018 10:54 (#6719340 - in reply to #6718811)
Subject: RE: Fire Update.......

Thanks for the update. Best wishes going forward. Glad to hear your house survived, suspect there are a lot of mementos that would be impossible to replace. Hopefully your mom had moved the right 25%. Glad your mom was not home.

Glad to hear the cows survived.

I think renting your farm to your neighbor sounds like a good plan. I would see if you could do it on a piece by piece basis or have some custom farmed. That way may give you a little more time to better evaluate your situation. Remember you already have a extra job - cleanup. I would also think a sabbatical would give you more time to plan.

Check with your insurance company on the corn. It may not be worth your time depending on the insurance. I think it would be tough to know if all the smouldering grain is completely extinguished. It may be best to deliver to a feedlot and have it gone. Its possible any lost value may be the insurance company's loss, not yours.

Unfortunately, you will now find out exactly how your insurance works. I have asked why should I include some machinery pieces where the value is close or below the deductible. The answer is it ups the overall value in a catastrophe like this.

I am sure you are busy, but think we would all appreciate updates as you have time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)