AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The dairy thing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

minn gopher
Posted 3/18/2018 21:33 (#6650520 - in reply to #6650482)
Subject: RE: The dairy thing

Pine City, MN
HeadAcres - 3/18/2018 20:21

minn gopher - 3/18/2018 19:27

? So why do these so called underpaid, illegal employees go work on these dairy’s. When there are many many other jobs they can have ?? o.

Most industries other than agriculture require solid proof of citizenship and at least a high school diploma. You are kidding yourself if you think they can walk into 3M and get a job on the factory floor.

I have often wonde re d why someone born and raised in a tropical climate decides to move to MN and feed bottle calves in the snow drifts all winter long. Why not get a job at a car wash in Arizona? Other industries refrain from 3rd world labor because of risk of getting caught. Dairy has this strange don't ask, don't tell policy.

Declining Mexican birthrate and improvement in Mexican living standards are changing the availability though. Garaunteed farms are not putting in robots to save cost of labor, they are going in because immigrant labor is getting scarce.

FYI I remember grandpa talking about turning away groups of Mexicans who showed up 6 to a car looking for work in the 90's, my times have changed

BS. Basically any construction job, restaurant, hotels, landscaping, meat picking plant, cheese plant bottling plant, fast food. They all will hire anyone with a green card real or fake.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)