AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What happens next
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NE Ridger
Posted 10/5/2017 07:10 (#6288513 - in reply to #6287408)
Subject: RE: An interesting contest for next year

EC Nebraska
Boone & Crockett - 10/5/2017 04:27

IN555 - 10/4/2017 17:34

I’m not thinking of doing it to cut production but possibly a way to make it through the really tough years. Instead of burn equity figure out if I can breakeven with less risk
Heres the objective of the contest- lowest input cost per bushel, just pure inputs, no land or equipment because that is so variable. Cannot simply cheat though and skip P & K application. Would have to state a predetermined yield goal and fertilize removal rates for that goal, and to make it fair, for guys using manure, a custom application rate would need to be assessed because manure is not free. This contest would really test your skills at being a tough negotiator on input pricing, especially seed corn. Guys planting triple dipple seed would be at serious disadvantage from the get go. The goal would be to hit that maximum sweet spot for economic return per bushel produced. Anybody be up for something like that?

I'm interested. How do my high-K soils fit in the rules? I truly don't have to apply K for my soils to stay above 300 ppm. Not for the next 100 years or so, anyway.

We could just charge 40 lbs/acre potash to the account. I'll probably throw that much in with the AMS anyway if it looks like a dry summer.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)