AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It Won't Work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 9/6/2017 07:20 (#6231857 - in reply to #6231648)
Subject: RE: It Won't Work

Numbers has issues with trump (I think don still owes him $20), but as always the tax system has winners and losers. 179 and fast depreciation have made a number of things possible that would have been unworkable in the past (couldn't make the payment and pay the taxes on the income). I tend to think it's a good thing if the government favors investment over collecting taxes. However, the tax code is enormous and has various results for various people.

Right now the tax code favors retirement accounts (401K, IRA) and so an amazing amount of money goes into "investments" like stocks, bonds and even commodities. I don't have a graph, but I'm sure outside investment in commodities has increased ever since the retirement portion of the tax code started and now it's the biggest player (if it wants to be). I'm not sure this is an unintended consequence, but it is a reality which gives marketing more dimensions to consider.

One thing to consider is if the tax code changes and regulations relax, money may flow away from commodities and into more stable investments (like a factory or other hard asset).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)