AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let's not forget the Farm Bill.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 9/3/2017 21:18 (#6227174 - in reply to #6226377)
Subject: RE: Let's not forget the Farm Bill.

swne - 9/3/2017 13:04

Keep crop revenue insurance and forget the rest. Lower the coverage some to keep it affordable and make it so there is some risk involved so there would be some cut in production. Problem solved. I do not believe anyone wants to go cold turkey and drop all programs. Might be able to phase out over time but it would certainly change the face of agriculture.

I think I live in at least as risky of an area as you and I have less years behind me to ride problems out but I think the best thing for our country is for the government to shrink as much as possible. Because I believe that, even though it would be like having the rug pulled out from under me, I believe we should get rid of ARC/PLC and subsidized crop insurance.

My guess is if the government gets out of subsidizing crop insurance it'll just mean the insurance companies will have to tighten their belts a little to keep selling to farmers. My guess is there is a LOT of fluff in the crop insurance industry due to government involvement.

Even if there isn't though, I can see no justification for it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)