AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So riddle me this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buddy Man
Posted 9/3/2017 15:34 (#6226571 - in reply to #6225940)
Subject: RE: So riddle me this

Dawn, Missouri
I'll have to agree with Centuryfarm. I don't think the crop is out there this year. Just rechecked the USDA crop condition report for Aug. 28th. Here are some figures from the corn condition report. This is corn crop dented. (TY) is this year. (LY) is last year. IL TY 54 LY 65. IN TY 53 LY 59. IA TY 41 LY 62. MN TY 33 LY 54. ND TY 18 LY 38. SD TY 23 LY 42. WI TY 17 LY 46.
Last year Good to Excellent ratings 75%. This year 62%. Most of the country has gone through another dry and in some places warm week, except for those area effected by Hurricane Harvey. Those were not large corn acreage areas. Now they are forecasting cool cold, dry week after Monday for a large part of the country.

I was in central, north central IL two weeks ago and the crops looked green as a gourd. Came through northeast Iowa and the same thing. They need lots of time and haven't been getting the weather to cooperate.

Soybeans planted early in our area of north Missouri look pretty good and the later planted soybeans don't look like they are maturing very fast. We lost lots of acres to flooding on our creek and river bottoms early this summer that didn't replant or replanted very late. They are in jeopardy of not making it.

Last time I ran the numbers soybean exports were up 17% above last year at same time and corn exports were up 23% ? above last year at the same time. Last year at this time soybean good to excellent condition rating were 73% vs this year at 62% good to excellent.

As soon as someone besides a few on AGTALK realize this demand will get better. Everyone (buyers) waiting for the "fire sale" and I think (hope) it was over last week in corn and two weeks ago in soybeans. Had targets of $9.14 to $9.19 in nearby SB and Sept. his $9.17 1/4 for a low.

Good Luck!

Edited by Buddy Man 9/3/2017 16:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)