AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Next weeks frost potential
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 9/3/2017 21:39 (#6227245 - in reply to #6227049)
Subject: RE: Next weeks frost potential

North Central Illinois
Geez get a grip man. Do you know how to post in the proper spot in a thread? Guess not. My point was that there is a "chance" of frost in the next week to ten days but it is pretty minimal. Along with that I pointed out that your buddy is talking his position due to the fact he needs a frost to pull his fat out of the fire. He has bragged earlier this summer about owning three corn crops and has also been telling us he is buying with both hands for the last month. USDA and ProFarmer came out with numbers that are unfriendly to all of us whether they are correct or not. Most of us just suck it up and figure out how to deal with reality. Some people though are apparently in such a jam that they are hoping for a big frost event to pull save them. I'm not wishing an event such as that on anyone. What I downplay is people like you who look for anyone but themselves to blame for their lack of marketing and then hope for a disaster to bail them out. It is no way to run a business. I'll ask you again, does it seem possible to you that someone who owns three or four corn crops would be likely to try to spin the market in his favor or at the very least be hoping for a disaster at someone else's expense to bail him out?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)