AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Feed Management for Beef
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

puma
Posted 8/17/2017 10:43 (#6192800 - in reply to #6192217)
Subject: RE: New Feed Management for Beef

garvo - 8/17/2017 03:01

I understand all of that stuff-real time data etc-I don't have a blue tooth adaptable scale-and do not have the latest scale-I have a freaking tablet and pencil-with daily feed records-I know in a glance what I fed each pen every day-I guess its real time data-
if you write down every day what went in the feed wagon why would you be off 100# of corn per load? and then put a $6 figure on it? Then begs the question -you are still tracking every ingredient wither a computer or a pencil.

zzzi get really tired of some technology that makes lit of the fact it is nothing new -your daily feed records are the same-its the person doing the entry's that will have more effect then the computer

you can keep trac of the exact amount of feed -we have been doing that since 1981 when wee got a scale-

we check are scale weekly to make sure it's calibrated-I know several lots that don't-

Probably a great deal I guess if you have many pens-

By that same argument, why do you run a 20/20 monitor on your corn planter? If you would get off the tractor and dig every round you would be able to fine tune your planter just as well, but instead you want to rely on the technology to tell you what to change on the planter. Just dig in the freaking dirt already.

I believe what they mean by being off 100lb of corn, is that they shook the loader bucket a bit too much or left the slide on the auger open, and extra went in when loading. I realize this may be a foreign concept to the perfect people, but it happens on my farm, as well as others I am sure.

It's just another way to streamline the process. Some people will accept it, some won't, and some won't try to even understand it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)