AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We're a dying breed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

beanplanter
Posted 8/14/2017 11:53 (#6186006 - in reply to #6185919)
Subject: RE: We're a dying breed

Missouri

Thanks for sharing. It's not all that different down here.

Most of my peers never even came back to the industry. The majority of them now sell something to the suckers who did.   .....and live a much softer lifestyle.

When small pieces are sold, it's often worth more after the cows are sold and converted to hunting ground. CRP set the cash rent bar so high here that having cows is probably a sign of insanity.

I stumbled across a couple herdsman opportunities north of the border. I found it odd that they were aggressively advertising in the US. After talking with two of them, they are ready to liquidate if they can't find a suitable individual to fill the role. They appear to be what guys down here dream of, which made me wonder what was causing the void of suitable cannidates. I also know of two fairly high end dispersal sales currently being planned due to no kids who are willing to keep it going. 100 year old top tier Canadian purebred producers who can't get the next generations interested. It's an interesting trend that could lead to even more interesting changes.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)