AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sarcasm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/29/2017 23:40 (#6156793 - in reply to #6155907)
Subject: back problem help

Pittsburg, Kansas

Order yourself a gel pad. I have had 3 back operations and have no disc left at L5. I can only run the tractors or dozer a few hours a day and not be down in bed.

The gell pad you want is the kind that has a honeycomb look to it. I think it is what they use in hospitals for long term bed patients but not sure of that.

We gave all our employees one for Christmas. Wife made zipper covers (so the covers can be taken off and washed) with their name embroidered on them.

Just did an almost 8000 mile motorcycle trip and wife and I both used the gel pads all the way. I could not have made such a trip without them. Mine goes with me to tractor or dozer.

They make them in various thickness I think up to 1.5". The ones we use are 1". What they do is take that little jolting out that feels like a ball pien hammer on your spine. The modern tractors have great seats (compared to old times) but the gel pads still help a lot.

This is not the ones we use but looks similar. https://www.amazon.com/WonderGel-Support-Cushion-18in-14in/dp/B004EM...

This one linked looks like a 2" which should work great but it might feel a little squishy under the butt. The 1" ones we have work great.

You will not believe how much it will help once you are back on the tractor or in a truck.

John

Edited by John Burns 7/29/2017 23:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)