AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Have you ever bought a tractor without your wife knowing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tomcat
Posted 3/28/2017 07:21 (#5927542 - in reply to #5927185)
Subject: RE: Have you ever bought a tractor without your wife knowing?

Ludington/Manistee MI area
Couple stories:

Was making small talk with parts guy I deal with while he was looking something up. He mentioned about a feild him and his brother rented and he was trying to figure out how to tell his wife about it. Month or so later I asked again about it he said oh well it will be like the used combine he bought last fall with his brother she will eventually figure it out.

Several years ago my uncle and I bought a pair of gravity wagons slightly east of Des Moines. After much debate we decided to tow them home behind the pickup. Just taking main roads going the speed limit it is a 7 hour drive imagine trying to sneak wagons home that go 25-30 mph. Well we made it to southern Michigan and I had fuel pump problems in the pickup. When my uncle finally got home his wife made a comment that considering he had no interest in these wagons he certainly was very involved. He ended up admitting that they were half his.

The problem with me buying a tractor without the wife is she is the keeper of the checkbook I would have to find a reason that I'm asking for the checkbook first.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)