AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader ontrac3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 3/28/2017 01:40 (#5927321 - in reply to #5926492)
Subject: RE: Agleader ontrac3

East Central, Nebraska
impressive. apparently i need to tune mine in better.

i wasn't necessarily bashing the ontrac system but if the op is using a super steer tractor they are asking for it. the model of tractor listed i believe is a NH and i am guessing it could possibly be a super steer. i have a super steer and they can be very tricky despite the steering device used. back in the day i remember it took a hydraulic integrated steering system to make that NH super steer track straight and even then it was marginal. i know alot has changed since then, they still suck to keep them steering straight never the less. to those that have never used one, when you turn the steering wheel it shifts the entire frame of the tractor the opposite direction of what the tractor wheels are turning which in turn gives all the steering components the idea that the tractor is moving in the wrong direction, which in turn puts a constant weave in the guidance line regardless of steering system. they are amazing when considering the turning radius of such tractor but a nightmare to steer straight.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)