AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The quality of feeder cattle from the Southeast
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Hereford Guy
Posted 3/27/2017 21:37 (#5927027 - in reply to #5926135)
Subject: RE: The quality of feeder cattle from the Southeast

Colley - 3/27/2017 00:53

Any animal that had never seen fence people or anything but grass & trees will go crazy when worked. As far as all being wild that's wrong I can show you pictures of 3000 pound Brahma bulls with baby's on there backs. I'd rather work eared cattle then anything else you can look at the ears & easily read them & if you respect them they're not bad just flighty like limousines. I bought a Hereford once that was a pet & she was meaner then any other thing I had at that time.

I didn't mean to say I think they are all wild, just other people. I find black cattle harder to read but I think that's because I tend to see something in the eyes more. Harder to see a black cow's eyes. And I think there are just subtle things that say; "DANGER!" in red letters around cattle. Hard to describe.

The cattle I speak of Gramps buying were Hereford calves. Wild as wild and never improved much. I usually don't see Hereford's that mean but they are not immune. Hope you sent the old rip on a one way trip to hamburger heaven.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)