AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just a reminder to be cautious while using NH3!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 3/23/2017 21:47 (#5918558)
Subject: Just a reminder to be cautious while using NH3!

East Central Ia
I had some trouble with my N-Serve system today. I have two n-serve tanks and one of the tanks shutoff valve was stuck partially open. It caused my system to pull one tank empty and the second couldn't flow enough...

So I had it in the shop this afternoon to pump the n-serve out of the problem tank.

I wanted to use my pump to circulate n-serve back into my good tank so I could replace the valve... or so I thought. My check valve that keeps NH3 from coming back towards my injection pump was bad and I was pumping nh3 back into my n-serve tank! I hopped on a small step ladder to look into my n-serve tank and see how good of flow I was getting and see if this transfer method was going to work.

I stuck my head right down to look inside that 5" lid and got a face full of nh3 vapor... I couldn't see or breathe for a good 20-30 secs! Luckily it wasn't a face full of liquid nh3 but this is by far the strongest incident I have had with nh3.

I made it off my ladder without falling luckily and got to my bathroom sink when I could breathe and walk. Luckily I am not burned but I do feel pretty crappy!

Just a reminder to be super cautious with this stuff! It's a great product but it needs to be respected!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)