AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AP Feed Line System Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Pennypup
Posted 3/21/2017 21:59 (#5914629)
Subject: AP Feed Line System Question

I have the AP Cumberland Smart IR Sensor feed control system in the one barn. It has been working great up until today. I emptied the barn out two weeks ago and washed the barn. I ran the feed in the barn for the new pigs. While filling the feeders the max run time did not work. I have it set at an hour and a half. It pays no attention and keeps on running. I set it to three minutes so I could stay around and watch it. It ran for ten minutes and then shut off. I then set it to two minutes and it worked. Thinking it was just a fluke thing I put it back to an hour and a half. Tonight I started them again to run the second ration of pellets in. Thinking everything was fine I left after chores. I came back later to check and it was running for over two hours. I put it to two minutes again and it ran for ten and then shut off. What do I look for?

Then on the other side it had filled all the feeders except for the last one. The timer thinks it is still running but the motors do not run. I checked the resets on the motors and they are fine. The light on the flex flow control box is lit and I have no idea what that means. I looked in the operators manual and it says nothing about it. The max run time on that side is doing the same thing. Any ideas?

While I am writing I have one more question. I have Hired Hand heaters in the barn. They run fine but the one heater is real tempermental. After I washed it I couldn't get them to run. I called AP and they pretty much said you probably have a bad ground and wiggle the wires. I took all the wires off and made sure they were clean and had good contact. Everything looked fine and it worked for a few days. Then it quit working again. I took the wire off the ignitor and scratched it with some sandpaper even though it looked fine. It worked for a few days again and now tonight it quit again. I unplug it and plug it back in and it will start ten times in a row and then not. The gas turns on but the ignitor won't spark. I switched the ignitor plug and the control box with the other heater and it followed to the other heater. Could it be a control box or the ignitor plug or both?

Sorry for all the questions!!! Thanks in advance for all your help!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)