AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sleep walking teenager
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

H&T
Posted 2/19/2017 16:26 (#5850072)
Subject: Sleep walking teenager

NE Iowa
I have a thirteen year old boy that would walk in his sleep a lot when he was younger, mostly ended up in our bed but occasionally would find him on the couch in the morning and he would have no idea he did it and would get embrassed/ upset. Wasn't a big deal and just figured he would grow out of it. I thought he did , until Friday night and the situation scared the hell out of me. We went to the Louisville Farm Show and stayed at a Motel (door opens to the outside world, not a hallway), my wife stayed home with the 5 year old so in the motel room was myself , 17 year old son as well as this 13 year old. Anyway about 2:30 AM, I wake up to the 13 year old trying to open the door to the outside world, luckily I had flipped the door stop thing ( talking about what replaced the old chain that would let the door open just a little) and he couldn't get the door to open in his half asleep state. I have also heard you should not wake a sleep walker but between his 17 year old brother yelling at him and myself grabbing him to make him stop, he seemed awake enough to know that he had slept walked again. He went to back to sleep easily, but I did not, I laid there awake thinking of all the bad things that could have happened to him wandering around. Two years ago the same thing happened, but we were in a hotel (with a hall way and registration desk) so I was not as worried, also hadn't noticed him sleep walking in the last two years so did not even think twice about it.

Anybody else have a sleep walker, will he ever out grow this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)