AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tick Tock Tick Piggy's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 2/14/2017 20:12 (#5840196)
Subject: Tick Tock Tick Piggy's

Buxton ND
This is going to be very in depth techy stuff so "bear" with me.

Here's the chart of yesterday move in HEJ. This is a tick chart, each bar in one tick of trade. This whole chart is just over 5 seconds worth. Volumes of each tick of trade are the green bars in the bottom. That gap/pause in the middle I can not explain, that's not even long for you to think about checking your underwear for damages.

You can see things started lower pretty slow near 70.80 You can see there was no one big sell orders hit, no one big boy stop hit and or large sellers. You also see the time stamp 10:46 and 45 second is nearly half of this chart. Most of that crazy selling was done in 1 second. NO human being can re-act in that time frame this is why I said "HFT Flash Crash" which blows out sell stops under the market of real traders.

The far right hand side 10:46 and 50 seconds in right on the low of 69.00 you see the buyers step in. Off the screen to the right what you don't see @ 10:46 and 52 seconds is where the buyers really stepped in buying. This had nothing to do with very big boy traders period, this was HFT lock/stock and barrel. HFT are a whole bunch of small/er traders that did nothing but push the enter button and started this beyond wild hog trade.

I find this fun/exciting and beyond interesting learning a new aspect of how our markets work and is why I really wanna take the HFT training class in Chicago :o) Others will dis-agree with my view and that is fine tho this a MY opinion of what happened.

Then today,,,,,,,,,,, a nice rebound IMO this a more proof of the HFT playing hogs yesterday. Normally I dont mess with hogs tho just had to a trade for old time sake off that bacon shortage news. Being short hogs is WHY I've checked this out very close plus learning on the side. Week ago Monday I sold HEJ @ 70.60 after that wild trade yesterday I bailed, buying it back early this morning. Maybe made a case of beer or owe the broker a case worth. With that WILD trade I'm GONE. And yes I can back this up with a copy and paste statement by morning.

There were alot of comments yesterday in NAT or twitter on "anyone know what just happened in the hogs?" Unless there is a CFTC investigation no one will ever know for sure just what happened. This above is my take and I would not expect the CFTC into look into the hog market. Today hogs were very mild trade, after yesterday they will NOT come play rough 2 days in a row.

Edited by Sat 2/14/2017 20:14

(HOGFLASHCRASH#2.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments HOGFLASHCRASH#2.png (57KB - 155 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)