AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mexico and Corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 2/13/2017 20:06 (#5837796 - in reply to #5837488)
Subject: RE: The problem with your scenario is ....

South Central Iowa
Good points, especially the foothold idea and the Brazil expansion.

A tariff can hurt us both ways to some extant. What I can't stand is how this is being written about in a deliberately false and misleading manner. The message they try to get across is that US tariffs on imports will harm our country alone and that other countries' tariffs on our exports will strengthen those countries and harm ours. There is a cognitive dissonance in the premise. How can our tariffs harm ourselves but another country's tariffs not harm themselves, but have the effect of harming us? Why are our tariffs so incompetent while theirs work so brilliantly?

I don't want punitive tariffs on anyone. I think Trump banging on about Mexico paying for the wall is stupid; if we want, we can pay for it, its only $20-30 billion which is nothing, it's stupid he keeps saying that. I think Trump threatening individual companies constantly is bizarre and I don't particularly like it; if he wants to renegotiate trade deals and do what is necessary to make this country more attractive for companies to expand to or remain in, then pass those laws and stop intimidating companies constantly like some Mafioso extortionist. But I dislike even more the way our news media constantly distorts life in order to attack Trump. Just like this one-way tariff harm non-sense, it doesn't matter the issue, they will spew lies and propaganda in order to attack the guy. They even try to tear down our country to attack him. It is pathetic and embarrassing and that is the reason that the cognitive dissonance that I mention above is allowed to exist; they will do whatever to destroy Trump, they are obsessed and it shows.

+1,000 for a Classics Quote! Don't get many ancient Greek references on Agtalk!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)