AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody here fool around with Arduino projects
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/16/2017 06:47 (#5771324 - in reply to #5770573)
Subject: RE: Anybody here fool around with Arduino projects

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for the recent replies. I now realize that there are genuine Arduino boards and clones. Some call them counterfeit to discredit them. I think clone is a better word since the whole concept is an open system for everyone to use. Counterfeit implies some dishonest activity. I now realize that there are a wide range of boards some of which are stripped down models for size and others that are expanded models to do even more things. There are add on boards called Shields that add even more capabilities to to a basic unit.

The company which I bought my Arduino R3 from (remember I thought I was getting a kit) defended their price since theirs was genuine. They implied that clones may be of lesser quality and lack some features that tutorials may expect. I understand that some of my money went back to the group who came up with the idea for future development. Due to the cost of shipping it back and then getting a clone didn't seem appealing so I just kept it

I did order a support kit and expect it on Tuesday. The kit includes another Arduino R3 which may be a clone.

I have been going through some of the online tutorials. I find it desirable to switch between them as you can pick up a different explanation of the same situation. I have made some modifications to the example sketches provided to confirm my understanding.

The graphic "helper" on the above link is interesting. For now I think I will follow the path of learning and typing in the actual code.

Edited by tedbear 1/16/2017 06:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)