AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When to get out of July corn contracts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kaky9236
Posted 1/7/2017 14:45 (#5751412)
Subject: When to get out of July corn contracts

ne nebraska
I very rarely post on the market talk forum, but do extensive reading here. My marketing skills are, well, pretty much non existent. I did forward sell some corn for a good price, but not nearly enough. I delivered a bunch of corn in December, and renowned on the July board. I did the two transactions simultaneously as I do not want to speculate, but wanted to move the physical and hope for a rally. I found the best basis I could( a good chunk of it 5 under the dec) which is very good for this area. So in December, I sold the cash and immediatley renowned the paper in my broker acct, I bought the July instead of march based on the advice from a marketing friend of mine. My question is, what is a good target to get out of those contracts? I think my avg long price is 3.625, not that it makes any difference. Is adding .30(3.92ish board) out of the question? Thanks and I appreciate all the comments everybody adds and enjoy reading the different takes and opinions on the markets. Have a good weekend.

Edited by kaky9236 1/7/2017 14:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)