AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

They can only go down so far
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 1/7/2017 10:27 (#5750928 - in reply to #5750830)
Subject: RE: Agdeal is spot on for our area

South Central Iowa
I didn't consider basis, I thought he was showing his projection on what he thought board planning prices would be. You guys must have a far better soybean basis! Looks like -$.35 for corn and -$.25 for soybeans, correct????? We are generally -$.30 Corn and -$.70 Soybeans.

But still 9670, you guys both come from premium Illinois soil; better than Iowa even. Do you think that if it is close to even that large acre switches will occur?

Acre cost differences probably come from a couple areas. I spend more on soybean herbicides and my seed differential is only $20, $70 corn vs $50 soybeans. that seed spread would be very large for me. But everyone's production is different. Anywhere from corn +$100-$150 would probably catch a big majority of guys.

Edit: I really don't think he used basis. I think he just adjusted corn price to reflect what he thought it would be in relation to Senodak's op of $9.60 soybeans. And I would agree with doing that. I don't like talking basis when speaking generalities because it can vary wildly on area and timeframe.

Edited by Conan the Farmer 1/7/2017 10:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)