AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stop using nitrogen. What would corn price be?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Poor farmer
Posted 1/4/2017 16:03 (#5744170 - in reply to #5741865)
Subject: RE: Stop using nitrogen. What would corn price be?

Martinton,il
IALTO - 1/3/2017 18:30

I'm not singling you out with this comment, but it does not matter what the price of corn is, production agriculture will divert back to a zero margin endeavor. Corn at $2 or corn at $8 it doesn't not matter. People will always be willing to raise a crop at a loss. It's fun to dream about $8 corn but we have had that and almost 4.5 years later we are still dealing with the fallout.

I did sell $8.50 corn in 2012 and it healed me quite nicely. I wasn't doom and gloom but it certainly healed me and now I can stand a bad crop a lot better. In 2012 I was one of the fortunate few that got a timely rain and had a very good crop. On top of that I am not one to sell until I am sure I have something to sell and that wasn't until august just about the peak of prices. So when someone says they don't want to see high prices again, I have to disagree somewhat. I know what you are saying but it sure has helped my financial position. I haven't bought ground or anything to make it worse, just paid off a lot of debt. It can work for some people.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)