AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If your building a new house (warning long post)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DC swIL
Posted 12/23/2016 07:16 (#5717723 - in reply to #5717513)
Subject: RE: If your building a new house (warning long post)

I'm sorry you are having all these troubles. It sounds horrible!

We are building our home now with a much different experience than you. We have really only had two problems thus far. First we dug a well and didn't really hit any water, so we have a $2000 hole in the ground filled with gravel. Second the pitch on the garage roof wasn't according to plan. After discussing options our contractor and his crew built up each individual truss so that roof peak matched the adjoining roof peak and the lumberyard knocked off the material cost for that.

Other than that, it has been great. Our general contractor and his crew have been great to work with. He is meticulous and we had seen this in his previous work. Our lumberyard has also been great to work with. A guy from there is coming out today to do a walk through to make sure all the interior doors open the way we want the to. And the subcontractors have also been good to work with. And my wife and I have not really argued at all about this project.

Again, I am sorry this has been so messed up for you. I am sure the stress level is very high.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)