AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are there any whiskey connoisseurs on NAT?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Herkster5
Posted 12/13/2016 11:52 (#5695125 - in reply to #5695080)
Subject: RE: Are there any whiskey connoisseurs on NAT?

ECIAfarmer - 12/13/2016 11:14

Everybodys tastes differ, around here locally we have Cedar Ridge which is good and Templeton Rye is interesting. Maybe kinda close to you would be Glacier Distilling Co. Coram Montana. We found it on our trip to GNP. Maybe it was the good looking girl making the drinks from their offerings but I really liked their stuff and they had just recently opened when we were there.
Then to get ready for next year take the trip to Bardstown Ky. and learn about Bourbon Whiskey. We only hit Makers Mark and Heaven Hill distilleries but learned a lot about the Bourbons. We had other places to go or I, and my wife actually, could have stayed several more days exploring the areas history and doing more distillery tours. Thanks out to NAT for suggesting the stop on our vaca. this year.
Oh, for off the shelf it would be hard to beat the Makers Mark or the Elijah Craig, we just finished some Evan Williams 1783. The last two would be Heaven Hill offerings.

+1 on Cedar Ridge
I'd look at Knob Creek or Buffalo Trace, as already mentioned.
For scotch, a little Johnny Walker Double Black or a Macallan 12 year....or Balvenie 14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)