AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More Pickup RANTS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MW farms
Posted 12/6/2016 11:16 (#5679805 - in reply to #5679297)
Subject: RE: More Pickup RANTS

eastndfarmer - 12/6/2016 07:48

What 16-21 year old can afford a 65-70K Diesel pickup. The answer is "0" without dads money. Agree with ferris in our area it is not speculation at all these kids either "work" for dad. By this I mean dad does all the work and the kids are around from 10-3 if they dont' have something going on in the "city"

Actually I know a couple kids around here that did buy a diesel truck for them selves. They may have got a bit of help from their grandparents but the kids work hard they always have. Their parents run a seed farm and clean seed all winter. Not uncommon for the kids to be out working late at night after school and weekends. They have cattle and like to go to a few shows and also have been selling square hay bales in the summer. They do a couple thousand a year all by hand to sell plus some for themselves for there show cattle. So to say all of them got the trucks for free isn't true.

I also know of lots of 18-21 year olds that made a lot of money working in the oil field and bought themself a brand new 70k truck. To them I say good for you. They worked hard and bought something they wanted. Probably didn't save any for The future but we were all young once.

Oh ya and nothing rolls coal like our grain truck with a turned up B block cat.

Edited by MW farms 12/6/2016 11:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)