AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

relocating a cemetary
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 12/6/2016 10:06 (#5679653 - in reply to #5677020)
Subject: RE: relocating a cemetary

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

IDK, but I do know that digging up a grave gives a guy the creeps, or at least it does to me. 

Were the caretakers of our local cemetary, used to be a church there and Id say about 70% of those buried there are relation to me. Anyways, a family that used to live out here, had a infant die many years ago and was buried there, I wanna say in the 30s, well the rest of the family moved to town eventually and were buried in the town cemetary. The remaining siblings of the family all have plots in town and wanted the whole family there. So they asked if we would exhume the infant and they would rebury it in a plot with the rest of them. 

Long story short we did, along with the local mortician and it just gave me the creeps the whole time, although we didnt find much, it was a wooden box and with an infant having soft bones there wasnt much left after 70 years. Dug down about 5 feet then basically just removed a square patch of dirt about the size of a infant coffin that had some pieces of wood and they reburied it in town along with the original headstone. 

So if it was me, Id want no part in digging up an Indian cemetary. I dont totally believe in the Indian ju-ju and stuff, but Im not gonna provoke it either.       

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)