AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will trump change the market participation?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 12/4/2016 19:26 (#5676089 - in reply to #5676015)
Subject: RE: you are not wrong

The employment numbers are a matter of record and it depends on which number you choose to report. I'm pretty sure it has always been this way.

Anecdotally:

Mcdonalds workers want $15/hr because there are few choices that will pay more than what mcdonalds currently pays - it's not that great of a job and if there was only a modest pay increase at another job, folks would take it. In our current political environment it isn't unreasonable for a group of workers to think they can get the government to bully their employer into giving them more.

My back yard - I raise hogs and farm small so it's a no glamour, work every day, go home stinky if you don't shower job. I had calls 2 minutes after I placed the craigslist ad and hired a guy the next day. In a better economy there are better jobs with benefits.

So, anyone can look up government numbers so there is that (probably more reliable than my back yard) and the media has pretty much proven that they will skew anything to further their 'agenda' (or whatever "a narrative" is). The media folks think they actually matter and are supposed to be involved in shaping public opinion rather than doing their best to report public opinion. It's nothing new. ie: at the big PK meeting a few years back in DC the media spent more time talking to protesters rather than talk about the event (probably due to separation of church and media rules that are in the constitution ;-)

Edited by Pat H 12/4/2016 19:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)