AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me with an Alloway Swing auger.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CVA Farm
Posted 11/6/2016 22:59 (#5622603)
Subject: Help me with an Alloway Swing auger.

NE S.Dakota

I just purchased a 1410 Alloway swing auger. It was a Craigslist item. It's older and I expected some repairs. This is my first swing auger. After replacing a couple of hydraulic hoses,I gave it a try. It had a hydraulic gauge on the motor for the swing auger drive. The gauge was leaking so I replaced it. I am running this auger with an Agco White 6085. It has a 21 GPM open center system. Everything seems to work OK,the pressure on the gauge runs between 500 psi and 750 psi. Depending on how heavy the the flow is coming from the wagon. The oil temp seems normal.

Does this Charlyn motor have a built in by pass? I was thinking I might have to add a flow control valve, since I have no flow control on the tractor.

The auger tube also is rusting through near the base clean out.I will be adding a steel overlay. If anyone has a source for a piece of steel properly curved to overlay,I'd appreciate some tips.

I have not yet inspected the hanger bearings ,but I think they are a little noisy. This is a 70 foot 10 inch auger.

Any advice welcomed

Thanks in advance!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)