AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me about windmills
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 11/6/2016 01:00 (#5620496 - in reply to #5620231)
Subject: RE: Tell me about windmills

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
sam57 - 11/5/2016 17:47

One lake is about 10 or 15 ft higher than the other. I want to pump from low to high. I can put the windmill on flat ground and water will flow to the pump all the time but it would have to push water uphill. I can't see why that won't work. My problems are, I don't know where to buy one, how much it will pump and if I have enough wind to make it work. Second option. I have a 700 gallon pump already set up but it's pretty expensive to run it day and night for weeks. What about a large solar panel? It's a 30 hp three phase motor. Lake one is fed by a large drainage while the other has very little.

If you are looking to replace a 30 hp, 700 gpm pump with a windmill, I think your going to be very disappointed. If it takes you weeks running it to move the water a windmill is never going to keep up. Or anything solar powered. A solar powered well that has two 10'x6' panels can pump about 1250 gallons per day, with a battery backup to keep it running some at night.

Can you divert out of the drainage before if gets to lake one? And follow the contour with a ditch into the other lake? Once your ditch is done they work for free.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)