AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Lucky Day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 10/26/2016 17:54 (#5601554 - in reply to #5601237)
Subject: RE: My Lucky Day

n.c.iowa

I agree when a guy's got time and the inclination, it can be some pretty cheap entertainment on a otherwise slow evening, ( yes I know, I've turned into that guy).

anybody remember when the telecomm companies were always offering deals on landline service?

a few years back had a real pleasant guy call, from what turned out to be Utah, trying to get me to switch over to one of the telecom companies he was promoting, well I wasn't real interested, but thought what the heck, kinda of a slow night and this guy seemed to be a nice person.  

so you know they all kinda have a ice breaker routine that they employ,  ask you about the weather, what you do for a living, etc.. then they get into the nuts and bolts of their purpose.    I didn't let him get past the ice breaker, he got to hear about my aunt betty's foot fungus( don't have a aunt betty). uncle ralphs peculiar nasal discharge, (again no uncle ralph), and so on.  so eventually I got hear about some of his family, where he lived. 

after about a hour a visiting I apologized that I had to go, for my wife had supper ready, and asked him what he was selling, so he finally told me, and I explained that I wasn't probably interested, he replied that he had figured that after a couple minutes of talking that I wasn't interested, but it was kinda refreshing to talk to someone that wasn't angry when they answered the phone, that he decided to visit instead.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)