AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For all the groin cart drivers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

proof
Posted 10/21/2016 21:13 (#5593651 - in reply to #5593412)
Subject: RE: For all the groin cart drivers

I use the engine rpm setting on the tractor to run a constant speed on the cart. The combine operator tells me how fast he wants me to run, then I set the target rpm. If he says 3.5 mph I run in 4th gear. and set the rpm to 50%. If he wants me to run 0.1 mph faster, I increase the setting by 3%. So if the combine operator wants me to run at 4 mph, I can set the rpm to 65%, pull up under the cart in 6th gear, then when I get the cart under the auger, downshift to 4th, push the flour button, and I'm at the correct speed. If the combine operator gets distracted and starts to get to far forward on the cart, I can press the flour button and move the cart forward a couple of feet, then press the button and I'm back at the desired speed. If he is goes to slow I can pull the throttle back for a bit and then push it back to full forward and I'm back at the desired speed. None of the me trying to match him, and him trying to match me game. And the combine drive wants to to go a different speed, I can easily change the rpm target.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)